This was amazing! So easy! I even used a frozen pie crust as I am not a huge fan of rolling things out. Way too much work.
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
½ cup mayonnaise
3 eggs (beaten)
1 cup of crab meat (or imitation crab)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup green onions (chopped)
salt (optional, to your taste)
pepper (optional, to your taste)
cayenne pepper (optional, to your taste
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl mix together eggs, milk, flour and mayonnaise until well blended. Stir in crab meat, cheese and green onions. Pour over pie crust. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
This was a quick salad. It was even better the next day. I found this recipe on Proud Italian Cook’s blog.
(picture from my kitchen)
I used a combination of fresh green beans, that have been cooked and cooled down, just make sure they still have a little bite, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, garbanzo beans, chopped red onion, and strips of salami. The dressing is made with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, salt, pepper, granulated garlic and oregano. Delicious!
I love mushrooms! I never have really made stuffed ones though. These were beyone easy and VERY flavorful. I found this recipe on a great blog- check it out when you get a chance.
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
2 Portobello mushrooms
1 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 of an onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, roasted and chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 cups of fresh spinach
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Italian seasoning (I use a blend from Emeril)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the stem and gills from the mushroom. I use a spoon to scoop them out.
2. Brush the mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
3. Heat olive oil in a small saute pan. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until tender. Add in peppers. Cook until tender.
4. Add in tomatoes and spinach. Cook until spinach wilted and “cooked.”
5. Divide the filling and stuff the mushrooms.
6. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on the top and add Italian seasoning. Top with cheese.
7. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about ten minutes or until the cheese is melted.